Site Meter

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Seasick Steve





For anyone yet to catch up with the Seasick Steve phenomenon. The spirit of Son House is alive and (un)well after all.

I am reminded of the Simpsons' encounter with a hobo:

Homer: The Simpsons are riding the rails!
[Bart notices a man lying on the floor of the boxcar]
Bart: Cool, dead hobo! [pokes him with a stick. The hobo wakes up, and the family screams]
Hobo: Morning, folks.
Homer: W-What are you going to do to us?
Hobo: Don't worry, I'm not a stabbing hobo, I'm a singing hobo.
OFF: [sighs with relief]
Hobo: [picks up a banjo and sings]
Nothin' beats the hobo life!
Stabbin' folks with my hobo knife!
I gouge them with -
Marge: [interrupting] Um, excuse me, Hobo. Could you play
something a little less unnerving?

{Ends}
No, evidently.

No comments: