Site Meter

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Will Self





















I was at a Will Self reading in a pub once, and decided I’d had enough of his aardvark-trying-to-hoover-the-fluff-out-of-its-bum voice. But the crush was too tight and, trapped at the wrong end of the room as I was, I was trapped. My only hope was a bookstall: I bought a Will Self and stood there reading it. Will Self’s voice behind me was very distracting though. My thought process was going something like this, in other words: shut up Will Self, I’m trying to read Will Self. Is there a word for a situation as ridiculous as that? If not, there should be.

2 comments:

Mark Granier said...

Something along the lines of willed unwillselfconsciousness?

John Latta said...

Will Self, isn't he the one who described himself as having a face that look'd like a collection of sundry genitals in a bag?

I liked that.